Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles. We specialise in creating world-class interactive digital experiences, marketing campaigns and showtimes websites for major movie studios, event cinema distributors, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers.
Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, exciting business that creates award-winning online experiences for millions of users? This is a genuine opportunity to work on projects with hundreds of movie studios, including the major studios and indie distributors. You will work closely with Powster’s Production team to support all aspects of our movie platform releases, to accelerate the growth of Powster’s movie platform output, and be at the heart of communication between our London team and stakeholders.
We’re in search of a versatile Technical Producer who thrives in a multi-faceted role. This individual will handle the construction and content management of our event cinema websites. While direct development is not a requirement—thanks to our proprietary CMS—a deep appreciation for coding and design is crucial.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for UX-driven web design and a proven track record of technical problem-solving experience on web-based projects, to apply to areas such as CSS design, SEO development, domain setup and debugging QA. We are looking for an adaptable individual who is comfortable learning new skills regularly while handling multiple streams of work, to consistently deliver high quality online destinations.
- Website Building & Management: Use our proprietary CMS to construct, update, and optimise websites, ensuring user-friendly interfaces and real-time showtime listings.
- Design: Be the creative mind behind the design of our websites, making sure they’re visually engaging while keeping usability in mind.
- Data Integration: Support the Data Manager in integrating showtimes and other data sets into the website. Ensure data accuracy and timely updates.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Provide first-line support for any technical issues that arise on the website, collaborating with the technical team as needed.
- Collaboration: Work hand-in-hand with the Project Manager and Data Manager to align on project goals, timelines, and deliverables.
- Styling & Customization: Utilise CSS and HTML knowledge to adjust website styling and create custom pages as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Basic Coding: Solid understanding of coding basics with 3+ years of experience in CSS and HTML.
- Technical Aptitude: Ability to quickly comprehend and apply technical concepts, especially in relation to real-time data integration.
- Design Flair: Proven track record in designing user-friendly and visually appealing digital platforms. With knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and other web design software such as Sketch
- Problem-Solving: Exceptional ability to troubleshoot and solve technical and data-related challenges.
- Adaptability: Comfort in wearing multiple hats and shifting between tasks as project needs evolve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media, Web Development, or a related field.
- Experience with CMS platforms, especially in building and maintaining websites.
- Familiarity with the entertainment or cinema industry.
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. For the last year, we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to a number of discounts and offers from well-known retailers
- Pension scheme
- Cycle loan, Travel loan schemes
- Bike storage
- Free GYM onsite
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Flexible workplace culture
- Office dogs! (Roy & Lilly)
- Kindness policy and attention to your wellbeing
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter alongside your CV that tells us what you’re passionate about, and exactly why you’d excel in this role. As a close-knit team that values attention to detail and enthusiasm for the work, make sure you read the job description extra carefully, and ensure we understand the reasons we should hire you over all other applicants. Feel free to have fun with it and get our attention! We look forward to hearing from you.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard.