Digital Project Manager
Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles. We specialise in creating world-class interactive digital experiences and marketing campaigns for major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers.
Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, exciting business that creates award-winning online experiences for millions of users? This is a genuine opportunity to work on projects with hundreds of movie studios, including the major studios and indie distributors. You will work closely with Powster’s Production team to support all aspects of our movie platform releases, to accelerate the growth of Powster’s movie platform output, and be at the heart of communication between our London team and stakeholders.
This position covers the successful day-to-day management and delivery of official movie websites and extension products, where you will be responsible for ensuring projects are on track in terms of overall administration, timing, budget, and deliverables. You will need first-rate relationship management skills as you will be called on to lead communications with partners and clients.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project management experience across various stages of the digital life-cycle from defining project scope through to final delivery and customer feedback. We are looking for a strong personality who is comfortable building strong relationships both internally and externally, and understands how to navigate different interests when it comes to delivering high quality online destinations.
- Lead day-to-day communications, working with producers to sense-check website briefs, to stay in line with creative ambitions while being technically achievable and meeting client objectives, scheduling and budget requirements.
- Serve as the centralised communications point and ensure that all team members receive timely and appropriate project information.
- Creating clear and pragmatic plans for delivering digital projects, focusing on resource allocation & scheduling, task breakdowns & prioritisation, managing milestones, budget tracking, scope, and timelines.
- Effectively assigning tasks to internal team members to ensure the successful and timely delivery of movie platform builds, as well as ad hoc support tasks.
- Responsible for measuring efficiency and effectiveness of Production processes both internally and externally, and recommending ways to improve.
- Proactive stakeholder management through delivering thoughtful, routine, comprehensive client updates to manage relationships, expectations, budgets and project progress.
- Hands-on quality assurance and taking part in testing activities to ensure project quality.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years experience with project management of delivering websites or digital products for entertainment industry clients (ideally film)
- Experience delivering multiple fast turnaround web projects, all with different scopes of work, and at different phases of delivery, simultaneously
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem-solve effectively in a fast-changing environment
- Experience working closely with development and design teams
- Genuine passion and spirit for organisation and efficiency
- Willingness to occasionally put in extra hours in order to meet deadlines
- Working with teams across different time zones, being a team player
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) and ability to maintain constant communication both internally and externally
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Personable – somebody that a client would want to spend a good 10 mins chatting to about the sad state of the world before they get onto talking shop!
- Experience coordinating schedules for a team to ensure all deadlines are met
- The ability to identify and pre-empt issues before they arise and offer solutions to rectify
- The ability to push back to a client if required to keep the project on track, but in a positive manner
- Technically minded, a knack for being able to communicate technical information simply, and fully understand the pain-points and objectives of our clients
- A love of working with creative and technical teams to deliver a high level of service to discerning clients
- A good understanding of the overall digital marketing strategy
- Strong presentation skills
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. For the last year, we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to a number of discounts and offers from well-known retailers
- Pension scheme
- Cycle loan, Travel loan schemes
- Bike storage
- Free GYM onsite
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Flexible workplace culture
- Office dogs! (Roy & Lilly)
- Kindness policy and attention to your wellbeing
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter alongside your CV that tells us what you’re passionate about, and exactly why you’d excel in this role. As a close-knit team that values attention to detail and enthusiasm for the work, make sure you read the job description extra carefully, and ensure we understand the reasons we should hire you over all other applicants. Feel free to have fun with it and get our attention! We look forward to hearing from you.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK/US.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard.