Backend Engineer (Node.js, TypeScript, AWS)
- London, London, United Kingdom
- Full Time
- Engineering Team
We are a Creative Studio based in London and LA. We are proud to develop a system that powers the end-user movie-web experience for almost every release worldwide. In a year it serves more than a billion requests.
But foremost, we are a creative bunch. Our other work ranges from high-concept websites to AR experiences to cutting-edge innovation activations. We have proudly won FWAs, Webbys, Clios and Awwwards. You can find our best projects on our website, Instagram and Behance. Think Twitch VR / chat integration backend wise.
What you will work on?
The next year brings new amazing challenges to our small but well-established team
- You will have the opportunity to design and implement the new product/service to enable our users to complete the journey for any movie release.
- You will maintain our amazing data ingestion system. It processes around 3 million screening records every few hours.
- You will have complete freedom to choose and propose new Development Operations solutions based on AWS services.
- And since it is a creative studio, expect some opportunities to deliver systems for Oculus, 5G or NFT (if you fancy the latest).
Our ideal candidate:
- Champions our company culture of kindness. They are always happy to help and support others.
- They quickly take ownership of their work but share their knowledge and experience with the people around them.
- They love iterative delivery and are quick to deploy and test concepts.
What You will bring:
- 3+ years experience and the ability to solve development puzzles.
- The knowledge that supports creativity in a neverending search for the best, simple and most lean solution.
- Leadership skills are definitely a plus!
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. Powster practices a Culture of Kindness. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone.
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle loan scheme
- Bike storage
- Travel loan scheme
- Free gym membership
- Movie premiere tickets
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Flexible workplace culture
- Office dogs! (Roy & Lilly)
We would like everyone to work two days a week in the studio, although this is not currently mandatory. We follow all the recommended workplace guidelines, including social distancing and sanitisation stations. We have a large open studio so there is plenty of space to work safely.
You will join a team of five amazing engineers. The team will increase to eight people by the end of 2022. But you will quickly find yourself working with your colleagues from the Production and Creative team from both our London and Los Angeles studios.
If you are in need of a different sort of challenge you are always welcome to join some of us for climbing, boxing or a movie night. We aim to be a supportive and welcoming environment for everyone!
**Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK**