Technical Web Producer (LA)
Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, exciting business that creates award-winning online experiences for millions of users? This is a genuine opportunity to work on projects with top global entertainment partners, including major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists and global streaming services. You will work closely with the Production team to create, style & manage online destinations for a range of projects, as well as support the technical growth of Powster’s movie platform and Product output.
This position covers the successful day-to-day building, styling, and quality assurance of official movie sites and extension products, where you will be responsible for ensuring projects are on track in terms of build timeline, look & feel, technical integrations and core functionality. You will be expected to develop and drive a disciplined approach to tasks while supporting team members throughout a project’s lifecycle.
In this role, you will be producing a range of platforms while measuring the efficiency of technical processes, to find new ways to improve our practices. You will also facilitate collaboration between the Production team and the Development & Design teams, with a view to optimizing our products’ performance across each and every project.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for UX-driven web design and a proven track record of technical problem-solving experience on web-based projects, to apply to areas such as CSS design, SEO development, domain setup and debugging QA. We are looking for an adaptable individual who is comfortable learning new skills regularly while handling multiple streams of work, to consistently deliver high quality online destinations.
- Build official movie websites on time with the correct creative content and integrations such as showtimes/ticketing data, using a combination of our purpose-built CMS and code.
- Alter CSS rules and React components with support of our Engineering team
- Test the web page responsiveness, user journey and events collection on multiple devices and resolutions
- Use simple SQL queries to ensure data accuracy across ticketing websites by integrating our internal screenings database occasionally liaising with data partners and data collectors.
- Ownership of deployment cycle
- Management and deployment of Google Analytics, GTM container codes, pixel tracking platforms, and other tracking scripts.
- Support the review of performance metrics, analysis of behaviour trends and learning best practices to enhance our product performance, as well as the performance of technical tools used by both internal teams and clients.
- Manage individual deadlines, assets, and milestones to maintain clarity and ensure perfect deliveries of assigned projects.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 year’s experience in website platform management and working knowledge of all topics outlined above
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and current SEO standards.
- Proven ability to handle a high volume workload while multitasking on multiple projects, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to easily learn & navigate online tools, to also enable you to collaborate effectively with our Development team
- Technically minded, a knack for being able to communicate technical information simply, and fully understand the pain-points and objectives of our clients
- Forensic eye for detail and meticulous Quality Assurance instincts
- Maintain a proactive approach in identifying issues, developing solutions and implementing them.
- Confidence applying good digital design principles to a range of creatively different briefs
- Engaged and collaborative team player with high energy and strong analytical thinking.
- Exceptional communication skills, having the ability to maintain constant communication with internal team members and occasionally external stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experience
- The ability to identify and preempt technical issues, and offer solutions to rectify
- A love of working with creative and technical teams to deliver high quality products to discerning clients
- Professional work experience in entertainment digital marketing
- Interest in entertainment marketing strategies on digital and social platforms
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and or other design software such as Sketch / Figma
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. For the last year, we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
Employee Package & Benefits
Competitive benefits package (including a generous healthcare plan, dental, eye care, 401k, life insurance and more)
- Amazing career opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- TravelAid Services
- Dependent Care IRA
- Sick leave
- Pet Care
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-premiere exclusive movie screenings
- Drinks fridge and snacks
- Regular social events
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter alongside your CV that tells us what you’re passionate about, and exactly why you’d excel in this role. As a close-knit team that values attention to detail and enthusiasm for the work, make sure you read the job description extra carefully, and ensure we understand the reasons we should hire you over all other applicants. Feel free to have fun with it and get our attention! We look forward to hearing from you.