We make movie websites! Last year we built 1346 websites and had 422 million visits across all our platforms built by a team of 30. We made 87 of the top 100 grossing films’ websites internationally and covered 92% of websites for the Global Box office in 2017 alone.
We are a creative studio based out of the London Fields area in Hackney, with a sister office in Los Angeles. We are a friendly team of talented, creative and hardworking people.
In addition to our movie websites, we also make award winning music videos, interactive sites, installations, VR/AR experiences and loads of other fun stuff wherever we have the excuse.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com.
We’re seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to look after our team of 10 developers across our London and LA offices. You should be friendly, organised, and have a technical background. We want a creative thinker, accustomed to a quick-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Manage Creative Builds: you will coordinate with the Creative Director to scope, schedule and manage our creative websites from the build stage through QA and deployment, managing the development of these projects.
- Manage Product Builds: you will coordinate with the CCO, CEO and Lead Dev (depending on the product) to research, plan, roadmap, schedule and scope various products that we create for internal tooling and to support our Showtimes platform.
- Manage Showtimes Improvements: you will coordinate with the Lead Dev and Director of Production to maintain and delegate tasks for the Showtimes platform, including new features, improvements and bugs.
- Manage across the board: Plan and coordinate developer project schedules, adjust priorities and rejig tasks.
We have a big tech stack and need someone who can make informed decisions based on their knowledge of how things are done technically and how long they typically take. Some of this will involve getting to know our products in detail, some will come from your background.
- Don’t necessarily need to be actively coding these days (although that would be a bonus) but should have coding experience
- Experience of project managing a team of developers
- Cross-team communication (experience working with management and designers)
- Asana, Instagantt, or something similar (gantt chart experience beneficial)
- Start up experience a huge bonus
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A positive thinker with a realistic outlook and a solid understanding of what’s achievable and how long it will take.
- A technical background is highly desired given the complicated nature of our stack.
- Someone confident enough to push back where needed to keep a project on track and to avoid scope creep.
- Someone who is supremely organised and passionate about task management, schedules, and organisational tools.
- A good communicator who sees problems forming before they become blockers, push back deadlines or result in meltdowns and can implement solutions.
- A dynamic project manager who can learn and adapt to the different personalities of each person they work with, adjusting their tactics around delegation, chasing, accountability and workload to each person’s strengths and weaknesses.
Powster perks include flexible working hours in a roomy plant-ridden studio, complete with a private cinema room, shower, bike storage, studio drinks fridge, desk beers, table tennis, a summer roof terrace and office dogs.
We also get movie premiere tickets, pre-premiere exclusive movie screenings, PictureHouse membership and are extremely well connected in the entertainment industry.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.