We make movie websites! Last year we built 1346 websites and had 422 million visits across all our platforms built by a team of 30. We made 87 of the top 100 grossing films’ websites internationally and covered 92% of websites for the Global Box office in 2017 alone.
We are a creative studio based in Los Angeles, with a sister office in London, United Kingdom. We are a friendly team of talented, creative and hardworking people.
In addition to our movie websites, we also make award winning music videos, interactive sites, installations, VR/AR experiences and loads of other fun stuff wherever we have the excuse.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com.
We’re seeking a talented Technical Project Manager to look after our team of developers in our LA studio. You should be friendly, organised, and have a technical background. We want a creative thinker, accustomed to a quick-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
The ideal candidate should have exposure to and understanding of current web technologies, and come from a development or QA background.
- Manage Creative Builds: you will coordinate with the Creative Director to scope, schedule and manage our creative websites from the build stage through QA and deployment, managing the development of these projects.
- Manage Product Builds: you will coordinate with the CEO and Head of Dev (depending on the product) to research, plan, roadmap, schedule and scope various products that we create for internal tooling and to support our Showtimes platform.
- Manage Showtimes Improvements: you will coordinate with the Head of Dev and Director of Production to maintain and delegate tasks for the Showtimes platform, including new features, improvements and bugs.
- Manage across the board: Balance day-to-day support tasks with ongoing development commitments.
We have a big tech stack and need someone who can make informed decisions based on their knowledge of how things are done technically and how long they typically take. Some of this will involve getting to know our products in detail, some will come from your background.
- Practical knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrable experience of linear and iterative project methodologies
- Lean/fluid approach to development process
- Ability to provide estimations and risk assessments
- Experience of coordinating a team of developers
- Experience working with internal and external teams, across time zones
- Clear and confident communicator
- Translating where necessary between client and development teams
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticketing tools such as Asana, Instagantt, or similar
- Comfortable both taking instruction from senior members of staff and giving instruction to junior members of staff
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience in a support or customer service role
- Start up experience
- React, Node.JS and database knowledge
- Coding experience. Don’t necessarily need to be actively coding these days
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A positive creative thinker with a realistic outlook, strong eye for detail and a solid understanding of what’s achievable and how long it will take.
- An individual who love collaborating in, not above, a team, and is willing to get their hands dirty as necessary.
- A technical background is highly desired given the complicated nature of our stack.
- Someone confident enough to push back where needed to keep a project on track and to avoid scope creep.
- Someone who is supremely organised and passionate about task management, schedules, and organisational tools.
- A good communicator who sees problems forming before they become blockers, push back deadlines or result in meltdowns and can implement solutions.
- A dynamic project manager who can learn and adapt to the different personalities of each person they work with, adjusting their tactics around delegation, chasing, accountability and workload to each person’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Someone who enjoys the challenges that come with a PM role.
- Data driven and customer centric.
TBC depending on experience
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.