We are a creative studio based in Los Angeles with offices in London. We work across the movie and music industries creating amazing digital creative.
- Official Movie Platforms: we build movie ticketing websites for all the major movie studios and over 100 independent distributors globally.
- Creative Builds: we work across a range of creative projects, specializing in interactive video and fully-rendered AR experiences for music and movies.
- Custom Builds (Powster Labs): high-end movie-marketing tools enabling movie-discovery.
Powster is recognized as an innovator in digital movie marketing. We like to think anything is possible when pitching. If we haven’t done it before, we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. This is the driving-force behind our creative projects. We genuinely have a diverse and talented team working across an exciting roster of technical and interactive builds, as well as large-scale video productions.
Take a look at our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/powster/ and our site http://www.powster.com. Recent projects include Augmented Reality for Jumanji (Sony Pictures), a 3D and AR experience for 1917 (Universal Pictures), and dual Spotify music videos for Post Malone (Republic Records)
We are seeking a positive and motivated person to serve as the Powster sales ambassador.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide insight and expertise to support our fast-growing business.
The US Account Director will develop new business opportunities across the US and Canada. They will be expected to take the lead on identifying new business prospects and contribute across all aspects of the creative business. We are looking for a talented individual with industry knowledge, who has the drive and ambition to seek out and build lasting relationships with studios, distributors, exhibitors, trade associations and leading players across the industry.
The US Account Director will be an important member of the commercial team and will be expected to contribute to the overall business development strategy. We are looking for an individual with business acumen, flare and the vision to see the bigger picture.
The ideal candidate should:
- be an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and come across as friendly and credible
- be knowledgeable about the cinema and movie industry
- understand industry marketing trends
- work well under pressure, be resilient and determined
- be self-sufficient and keep to deadlines
- be an excellent problem-solver and confident decision-maker
- be thorough, and timely with follow ups, chasing leads and maintaining solid relationships
- be comfortable presenting and/or negotiating at senior/executive level
- be independent enough to drive your personal business and follow up with clients
- You'll work as a partner to help clients innovate and drive their business forward
- 2-4 years' business development experience in a B2B service environment
- Experience developing and maintaining new business pipelines
- Capable of translating complex messages into succinct commercial information
- Market sensitive (spotting trends) and consumer focused
- Participate in idea generation with clients
- Responsible for managing client accounts
- You'll prepare proposals and recommendations with a high degree of quality and integrity
- Participate and represent Powster at local industry events
- Ability to understand project budgets
- Computer literate (Google Sheets/Excel, Google Slides, keynote etc)
- SalesforceIQ or similar sales database / CRM proficiency
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
Nice to Haves:
- Digital or Creative Agency experience
- Experience selling technical/marketing products
- Movie industry experience and/or network
- Desired technical skills: understanding of digital marketing and web development, new technologies, social platforms (capabilities and parameters), and a deep passion for innovation
This is an on-site role in LA. No remote applications please.
- Flexible working hours
- Pre-premiere exclusive movie screenings
- Drinks fridge and snacks
- Nitro coffee and beer on tap
- In-office kitchen
- Competitive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, pet insurance, generous paid time off, free parking or commuter reimbursement
- Table tennis
- Skee Ball table
- Regular social events
- Bike rack
- Dog friendly
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES (please)