We are a creative agency with offices in London and Los Angeles, with a solid team of 15 people across both campuses. Our team works towards three main streams of output:
1. Our Showtimes Platform: which powers most of the major movie websites across the world boasting all the major movie studios as our clients.
2. Our Creative Builds: which can range from projects making interactive music videos to projecting tweets on the houses of parliament.
3. Our Products Builds (Powster Labs): which includes a variety of in-house and client-facing custom builds for movie-discovery and marketing tools.
We like to think that anything is possible when pitching, and if we haven’t done it before we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. This comes from having a drive to make the unseen! When bolstered by the very diverse and strong team we can adapt to anything thrown at it, from technical, interactive builds to large scale video productions.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com and our movie platform http://movies.powster.com
We are looking for a cutting-edge Front-End Developer to join our creative studio in Los Angeles, building projects for all the major movie studios and primarily contributing to our Showtimes Platform. Ideally you will have 1-2 years experience working as a developer.
We need someone who loves working on a long term, large scale product, but also likes to dabble in experimental coding and prototyping. Experience working alongside other coders is a huge bonus, particularly if you've done so remotely, and you should be able to follow direction and adapt to a team dynamic quickly.
What You’ll Work On:
Showtimes Movie Platform:
You will predominantly be working to build out a variety of movie ticketing websites on our Showtimes Movie Platform alongside a producer, to support of larger dev team based in London. This platform enables us to build out dozens of movie websites each month, and we are constantly improving the diversity and creativity of these builds, as well as the actual product with which we build these sites.
Our platform gets 2.2 million visits a week and has 2 component parts, the all-movie destination (http://movies.powster.com) and the individual movie pages ex:(Star Wars, Ant-Man, The Martian, etc). This is a really exciting time to be joining the team as we are in the midst of launching a lot of new features and capabilities within our product and you will be able to contribute ideas to this product plan and help to build it out. You’ll be working on building out tons of exciting new movie websites, developing the showtimes platform further, and taking it to the next level for major movie studios internationally.
- Comfortable with Git/Github
- Mobile-first and responsive web development
- Familiarity with cross-browser and cross-device performance, issues and tricks
- Knowledge and desire to make the most performant front-end experiences
- Detail oriented when working from designs and detailed instructions
- Command line
- Professional work experience as a developer for minimum of 6 months (1-2 years preferable)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with webpack
- Design skills
- UX experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- Sass/SCSS experience
- Experience working with colleagues remotely
SALARY: $40k depending on experience
On site work only, no remote.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES (please)