Mid-Weight UX/UI Digital Designer
Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles and we are looking for a proactive Mid-weight UX/UI DIGITAL DESIGNER to join our friendly team based in Hackney Wick (Zone 2).
We specialise in creating world-class interactive digital experiences and marketing campaigns for major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers. Our work ranges from high-concept websites and film edits / post production, to immersive AR experiences and cutting-edge interactive activations.
We believe anything is possible, and if we haven’t done it before, we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. Our work has won FWAs, Webbys, Clios and loads more but we don’t want to stop there - you can find out more on our website, Instagram and Behance.
You’ll be joining a small and friendly creative department of creative producers, designers, video editors and 3D artists, where you will sit between a junior / mid-weight designer and a senior designer (who currently works remotely but will be joining us in London) and report to the Creative Director. You’ll also work closely with creative developers to deliver beautiful and functional digital experiences.
On a day to day basis you can expect to be working on pitch decks, key visuals, UX/UI across a wide range of platforms like Twitch, WebAR (Niantic - 8th Wall), webGL, SparkAR, TikTok and mobile-first creative sites, as well internal marketing/promotional tasks as needed. If you’re looking to grow, upskill and refresh yourself for the future, Powster is the place for you.
To keep team culture of collaboration strong, this role requires you come into the office in Hackney Wick T/W/T to work together and is mandatory for this role.
This role offers a huge amount of opportunity for the right candidate as Powster is in a unique industry position.
We’re a genuine digital creative studio that innovates, meaning that every project is conceived, designed and developed in-house. Unlike most agencies, you won’t be working with external production partners but will be able to collaborate with our in-house production team at every step of the way to see your work come to life.
If you’re looking for exciting projects outside of predictable briefs that most agencies offer –FMCG, femcare etc. – you’ll be excited by our scope of work, which are mostly for A-List films and Music Industry artists with audiences that already know and love them!- Attention to detail and premium, beautiful art direction is key for all of our projects.
Our diverse company culture is something we take pride in and management lead with progressive values. We’re proud of our open, compassionate and hard working culture and are looking for a candidate craving a modern workplace and whose values align.
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to work on new tech like augmented reality yet, so we keep an open mind when looking at portfolios. For us, it is always about the individual's attitude, work ethic and ultimately their potential and desire to grow. Whilst it is difficult to keep up to speed with the changes in technology, ultimately it’s important that you have an interest and desire to learn about popular platforms / games / technology. So if this is something you are passionate about and have the craft skills, but have just not had the opportunity yet, then you should still apply.
Ultimately the person we are looking for sees the potential and excitement in Powster and the industry as much as we do.. Why simply work on another brief kerning type when you could be working on world first innovation for the entertainment industry?
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A solid mid-weight designer with a positive attitude who we can rely on
- Work in the office with the rest of the Creative Dept. on Tues/Wed/Thurs minimum
- High proficiency with contemporary design tools including Figma, Adobe Suite and Google Docs; Zeplin and Sketch are a plus
- An understanding of designing for the web, best practices and the technologies behind it – creating assets to spec for web environments and facilitating a seamless design-to-development pipeline will be a key responsibilities of the role
- Can confidently visualise concepts to varying levels of fidelity from mood boards, sketches and descriptors, keeping in mind client objectives while adding your own flair
- Have the drive and discipline to see your ideas through until they are pixel perfect
- Ability to mock great Key Visuals for pitch decks,awards entries and company promotional activities in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about art direction and know where to pull great references and photography from
- Communicate between the Junior, Senior Designer, Creative Director and Producers
- Ability to articulate your visual language, clearly and concisely, for clients and internal stakeholders to understand
- Fluent in English
- An empathetic speaker with the ability to listen and take onboard constructive feedback maturely with an open mind
- A positive, can do, attitude - ‘It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be’
- A desire to win our first Cannes Lion
- A real passion for art direction, design and digital technology
- Self-driven with a readiness to absorb everything and learn on the job
- Excellent organisation skills
- Supportive team player - someone who wants to be part of the team and enjoy lunches, movie screenings etc.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, you’re proud about what you do and don’t want to waste your time or career making mediocre work, whatever the brief
- You see the marketing landscape changing and understand the need to up skill in augmented / mixed reality and digital innovation - now’s your time
BONUS SKILLS / NICE-TO-HAVES
- Experience in prototyping and motion tools
- Knowledge of innovative technologies, e.g. augmented reality
- Interest in illustration and animation
- Interest in the entertainment industry and creative marketing
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across our studios based in Los Angeles and London. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. For the last year, we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to a number of discounts and offers from well-known retailers
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel loan schemes
- Bike storage
- Free GYM onsite
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Flexible workplace culture
- Office dogs if you have one! (Roy & Lilly)
- Kindness policy and attention to your wellbeing
- Full-Time, Permanent
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your online portfolio along with your CV.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful but will reply if it is requested to help your career progression.
Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard.
** NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE **