Digital Creative Director
Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles. We specialize in creating world-class interactive digital experiences and marketing campaigns for major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers. Our work ranges from immersive AR experiences through to high-concept websites and cutting-edge interactive activations.
We like to think that anything is possible, and if we haven’t done it before, we’ll gather together, work it out and make it happen. Our best work has won FWAs, Webbys, Clios and Awwwards - you can find out more on our website, Instagram and Behance.
The Digital Creative Director is required to go above and beyond the original brief to push what’s possible for our vast array of client on both a creative and technical level.
We need you to demonstrate a genuine passion for new creative thinking and technologies.
You will lead ideation and concept developement, taking on campaigns and projects big and small.
You’ll produce creative proposals, drafts, and decks to kickstart new projects.
You will look after the execution of the concept and help to improve the work by offering new angles, inspiration, best practices and practical solutions in order to meet Powster’s high standards of innovation and creativity.
If reading this has left you with a big smile on your face, please get in contact as we want to speak to you.
- Undertake regular research to explore the creative/tech landscape to share learnings, inspire the team and inform pitches.
- Devote appropriate time to researching and seeking creative inspiration to facilitate the creative ideation process when delivering on a brief.
- Champion smart ideas and fresh thinking, avoiding over-reliance on recycling past work or overly complicated/costly executions where a more streamlined solution may be as effective.
- Take a collaborative approach to concept development, involving relevant team members as appropriate to benefit from wider expertise and perspectives.
- Provide constructive feedback for and ask productive questions to the creative team on live projects in order to constantly push the boundaries of creativity
- Boost creative team morale and enforce positive working habits by congratulating successes and acknowledging great ideas / suggestions
- Maintain visibility across planning and delivery of projects to ensure client expectations are met by guiding the team on overall creative vision.
- Remain curious and ambitious throughout production with an eye on opportunities to push and elevate the final activation.
- Be open to colleagues' creative input but must take responsibility for making a final call on overall creative vision when required.
Pitching and Scoping
- Lead ideation and refinement of creative concepts whilst advising on best user experience, all developed with client objectives and strategy at heart.
- All concepts pitched demonstrate understanding of client objectives and clearly communicate how we can deliver value against them.
- Conduct appropriate levels of research into potential tech solutions and production approaches to establish solid ideas that are realistically achievable and in-line with the budget, time and resources available.
Client Liaison and Sales
- Collaborate closely with Sales team to ensure all pitches and deliverables meet client’s strategic objectives
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients
- Present proposals to clients via polished pitch decks or written concepts (as appropriate) and support Sales lead in efforts to win each project.
- Guide and support Creative Producers to plan and deliver projects within budget and on schedule.
- Review all aspects of designs/demos at each stage of production to ensure the experience functions properly and delivers on the creative vision to the highest standard before they are shared with clients.
- Follow established production workflow to ensure all creative team members are fully briefed on all design aspects of the project.
- Deliver case study and promotional materials as required.
- Previous experience as a creative director / creative lead, creative producer or in another area of digital creative production
- Experience with Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, immersive 3D environments and AI.
- Experience leading / supporting a team on creative delivery
- Portfolio of creative work in digital marketing
- Comfortable working with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Figma
- Experienced in Google Suite
- Familiarity with 3D, video and design technologies (e.g. Blender, Maya, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Illustrator)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, specifically in relation to pitching to clients and providing constructive feedback to a team
- Ability to support clients in making creative decisions that are best for their projects, objectives, budgets and timelines
- Team-player attitude, as collaboration across both our LA and London teams is key to successful concept development
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to juggle multiple projects and pitches at the same time
- Follow-through and initiative
- Professionalism is key as you will be responsible for bringing shape and structure to the team and their creative practices, as well as be seen as a support to more junior members of the team
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. For the last two years, we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Sick leave
- Pet Care
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-premiere exclusive movie screenings
- Drinks fridge and snacks
- Regular social events
TBC - Depending on experience
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard.