Technical Project Manager (Development Team)
Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles. We specialise in creating world-class interactive digital experiences and marketing campaigns for major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers. Our work ranges from high-concept websites and large-scale video productions to immersive AR experiences and cutting-edge interactive activations.
We like to think that anything is possible, and if we haven’t done it before, we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. Our best work has won FWAs, Webbys, Clios and Awwwards - you can find out more on our website, Instagram and Behance.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to support the Development Team in our London Studio on digital projects such as 3D websites, webAR and social AR experiences. This role is hybrid, with two days per week in our Hackney Wick office.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project management experience in marketing or entertainment across various stages of digital project life-cycles from defining project scope through to final delivery and customer feedback, as well as problem-solving skills.
We are looking for a confident personality with strong communication skills, who has a hands-on background in analytics or web development, comfortable making decisions, balancing priorities, building relationships both internally and externally, and understands how to navigate different interests when it comes to delivering high-quality digital activations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will work alongside our multi-disciplinary team of creatives to deliver best-in-class digital creative work for some of the worlds biggest entertainment brands. Your role will be to advise on technical solutions, establish robust production plans and ensure the smooth delivery of projects within proposed timelines, budgets and scope. You will contribute to a wide range of projects, from concept development to execution whilst being aware of relevant analytics, delivering engaging experiences that delight users and exceed client expectations.
- Lead the technical scoping of complex digital projects and ensure quality, timeliness and cost through delivery.
- Act as a technical resource to support internal and external enquiries on how best to deliver creative projects with quality, accessibility and compliance in mind.
- Create clear and pragmatic plans for delivering digital projects: scheduling, task breakdowns, prioritisation, identifying risks and mitigation paths, managing budgets, scope, timelines and resource allocation.
- Liaise closely with the creative team and other internal stakeholders to ensure smooth running of projects and effective communication at all stages.
- Take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and testing demos, as well as monitoring the live deployment of projects.
- Compile end of project intelligence reports, analysing the success of projects based on identified and implemented KPIs.
- Support development and creative teams in R&D on new technologies or technical approaches for potential projects.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- We are looking for a strong personality who is comfortable making difficult decisions, understands how to collaborate effectively and is able to navigate different interests to deliver award-winning executions.
- 2-3 years experience in project management, delivering websites with AA and AAA clients.
- Experience delivering multiple web projects, all with different scopes of work, and at different phases of delivery, simultaneously.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira, Asana and Teamgantt.
- Experienced in project management for web / digital companies.
- Understanding and ability to provide 1st line support in problems involving Browser API differences, Analytics, SEO and UX.
- Technically minded, experienced working closely with development and design teams.
- Proactive and positive mindset to tackling challenges.
- Detail-oriented with outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- Level-headed, considered and calm under pressure.
- Genuine passion for creative technology, keeping up-to-date with the evolving digital landscape.
- Confidence in working with teams across different time zones.
- Familiarity with AR, VR and AI technologies would be desirable.
- You have a hands-on background in analytics or web development.
- Have a project management certification.
- Are comfortable working with creative teams.
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. For the last year, we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to a number of discounts and offers from well-known retailers
- Pension scheme
- Cycle loan, Travel loan schemes
- Bike storage
- Free GYM onsite
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Flexible workplace culture
- Office dogs! (Roy & Lilly)
- Kindness policy and attention to your wellbeing
TBC - Depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard.
** NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE**