We are a creative agency with offices in London and Los Angeles, with a solid team of 15 people across both campuses. Our team works towards three main streams of output:
1. Our Showtimes Platform: which powers most of the major movie websites across the world boasting all the major movie studios as our clients.
2. Our Creative Builds: which can range from projects making interactive music videos to projecting tweets on the houses of parliament.
3. Our Products Builds (Powster Labs): which includes a variety of in-house and client-facing custom builds for movie-discovery and marketing tools.
We like to think that anything is possible when pitching, and if we haven’t done it before we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. This comes from having a drive to make the unseen! When bolstered by the very diverse and strong team we can adapt to anything thrown at it, from technical, interactive builds to large scale video productions.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com and our movie platform http://movies.powster.com
We need someone who loves working on a long term product, all the way from infrastructure through to a well-polished UI. The ideal candidate should be able to handle coding a large scale product independently, make informed decisions about what technology to include, and be able to manage their time effectively to deadline. Experience working alongside other coders and within pre-existing coding conventions is also beneficial. Any previous experience managing or taking the lead on a project would be ideal, and previous work on native mobile apps is also a huge plus.
What You’ll Work On:
Trailered Movie App:
You will be heading up a brand new product by Powster Labs called Trailered, a new cinema discovery app. The stack uses Preact + node.js, as that is what we use for all our other in-house products. The app is primarily a web app, with the potential to build it out natively for Android + iOS in the future.
Our current leading product, our Showtimes platform gets 2.2 million visits a week and has 2 component parts, the all movie destination (http://movies.powster.com) and the individual movie pages ex:(Star Wars, Ant-Man, The Martian, etc). We are now aiming to launch Trailered as the second user-facing product powered by Powster, and aim to have similar success with it's use and popularity. We've already got the design nailed down, so this is a really exciting time to be joining the team to be the person who can really own this project and build it out for the web.
- Experience integrating APIs
- Avid user of Git/Github
- Mobile-first and responsive web development
- Familiarity with cross-browser and cross-device performance, issues and tricks
- Knowledge and desire to make the most performant front-end experiences
- Detail oriented when working from designs and detailed instructions
- Command line essential
Nice to haves:
- Experience with React Native and/or other native app development tools
- Experience leading/self-managing a large-scale product
- Design skills
- UX experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- Sass/SCSS experience
- Experience working with colleagues remotely
On site work only, no remote.
SALARY: $60k (depending on experience)
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES (please)