Senior Creative WebXR Engineer (AR/VR/3D/AI)
Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles. We specialize in creating world-class interactive digital experiences and marketing campaigns for major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers. Our work ranges from high-concept websites and large-scale video productions to immersive AR experiences and cutting-edge interactive activations.
We like to think that anything is possible, and if we haven’t done it before, we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. Our best work has won FWAs, Webbys, Clios and Awwwards - you can find out more on our website, Instagram and Behance.
If you’re looking to play an important role in shaping the performance and future of unique web products and creative marketing, Powster is the place for you. To keep our culture of collaboration strong, this role requires you to come into the office in Hackney Wick on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
We are looking for a Senior Creative WebXR Engineer to join our London team to bootstrap our creative interactive digital development (3D/AR/VR/AI). This is an exciting opportunity that will challenge your frontend skills with a lot of opportunities for leadership & project ownership across our movie / music industry clients who include Universal, Disney, Twitch, Netflix, Sony Pictures and many more. Projects range from immersive AR experiences through to high-concept websites and cutting-edge interactive activations.
The best work can only be done in the best of environments. We champion work-life balance. Everything we do must represent our Kindness Culture. Whatever the challenge you can always count on your colleagues for support
Our diverse company culture is something we take pride in and management leads with progressive values. We’re proud of our open, compassionate and hard-working culture and are looking for a candidate craving a modern workplace and whose values align.
- You will be leading creative website builds and will be working closely with our Creative/Production teams from idea conception to delivery
- Ownership of the complete development lifecycle from development / QA to project activation
- Drive R&D (Research & Development) with the Labs team to bring the latest technologies an innovation to Powster Creative Activations
- You will mentor and coach engineers across the team
- You will represent our technical excellence in front of the Best-Known in the Movie Industry
You should be someone who loves working with the team and helps to bring every individual to excellence. You love challenges of all types and are keen on keeping up to date with modern coding practices.
- You have a minimum of 4 years as a Software Engineer working within XR development
- In-depth knowledge & commercial experience with ThreeJS/WebAR/WebGL
- Nice to have: 8th Wall AR platform knowledge or experience
- You take pride in your communication skills
- You live with technology. You continuously work on your skills and make the best of your talents building things just for your own benefit.
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests. The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone. We champion our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to a number of discounts and offers from well-known retailers
- Pension scheme
- Cycle loan, Travel loan schemes
- Bike storage
- Free gym onsite
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Flexible workplace culture
- Office dogs! (Roy & Lilly)
- Kindness policy and attention to your wellbeing
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard
** NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE**