Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js / AWS)
- London, United Kingdom
- Full Time
- Engineering Team
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our Engineering team in vibrant Hackney Wick (London). This is an exciting opportunity that will get you in front of the best-known in the Movie Industry. The role will challenge your architecture skills, polish your leadership talents and gives you lots of opportunity for ownership of the particular project.
The best work can only be done in the best of environments. We champion work-life balance. Everything we do must represent our Kindness Culture. Whatever the challenge you can always count on your colleagues for support
- You will design and build new products and features that complement our established (Node.js + SQL) codebase
- You will manage and look after our Infrastructure (Terraform, Docker, Lambda)
- You will mentor a fantastic Junior Engineer
- You will represent our technical excellence in front of the Best-Known in the Movie Industry
- You will look after and support your great peers from the Production team
You should be someone who loves working with the team and helps to bring every individual to excellence. You love challenges of all types and are keen on keeping up to date with modern coding practices.
- You have a minimum of 4 years as a Software Engineer
- You can easily navigate between Backend and Frontend architectures
- You have experience with Cloud Infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- You take pride in your communication skills
- You live with technology. You continuously work on your skills and make the best of your talents building things just for your own benefit.
Powster is a Creative Studio based in London and Los Angeles. We specialize in creating world-class interactive digital experiences and marketing campaigns for major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists, brands and streamers. Our work ranges from high-concept websites and large scale video productions to immersive AR experiences and cutting-edge interactive activations.
We like to think that anything is possible, and if we haven’t done it before, we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. Our best work has won FWAs, Webbys, Clios and Awwwards - you can find out more on our website, Instagram and Behance.
Partial Remote Working and COVID-19 Considerations
We have a flexible workplace culture and we are currently inviting everyone to work two days a week in our studio. The successful candidate should be able to travel to our London studio, in Hackney Wick, Zone 2. We follow all the recommended workplace guidelines, including social distancing and sanitisation stations. We have a large open studio so there is plenty of space to work safely.
Employee Package & Benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to a number of discounts and offers from well-known retailers
- Pension scheme
- Cycle loan, Travel loan schemes
- Bike storage
- Free GYM onsite
- Exclusive movie screenings
- Picturehouse Cinema membership
- Office dogs! (Roy & Lilly)
- Kindness policy and attention to your wellbeing
- Regular salary reviews, lots of ownership & unlimited progression
Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer VISA sponsorship for this role. Successful candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
If in doubt apply, apply, apply. We all have different talents, given a bit of uncertainty, you may find your favourite place to work for years to come!