Account Manager / Account Director
POWSTER, part of Vista Group Int. is an award-winning digital creative studio for the entertainment industry, working with over 150 movie distributors, including all five major studios, streamers, broadcasters, brands and major music labels globally, from our offices in London & LA.
Our official movie websites enable over eight million consumers a week, globally, to discover cinema showtimes. Our immersive, creative experiences engage fans, encourage participation, sparking emotional connections to drive awareness and sales.
We like to think anything is possible when pitching. If we haven’t done it before, we will put our heads together, work it out and make it happen. This is the driving-force behind our movie platform products and creative projects and we are looking for a new member of the team who shares this, anything is possible vision.
With a focus on managing existing clients as well as developing new client relationships across the entertainment sector we need a new LA based Account Manager or Account Director to assist the continued growth of Powster’s movie platforms and associated products, as well as working closely with our Creative team to pitch and develop proposals for engaging digital activations in the XR/AR/Immersive marketing space to promote our client’s upcoming content.
Reporting directly to Powster’s Commercial Director, you will work closely with Powster’s current sales, Production, and creative teams to grow and support all aspects of the Powster sell communicating daily with both LA and London Powster colleagues.
The successful candidate will have a proven sales and account management track record, be an excellent communicator and be fuelled by a passion for film and digital innovation. A solid understanding of digital marketing is ideal but not essential.
- Identify new sales opportunities as well as building on existing relationships with studios, distributors and streaming partners to develop Powster’s US client base within the entertainment sector
- Deliver revenue in accordance with company targets
- Develop good working relationships with client base, exhibitors, trade associations and leading players across the film industry
- Negotiate business within portfolio to maximise return to Powster as agreed with Commercial Director
- Gain understanding of client’s objectives to be able to work as a partner to help clients innovate and drive their business forward
- Present the case for Powster to clients, partners and relevant agencies
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments across both US and UK to deliver excellent service both internally and externally
- Accurate management of revenue based tasks in terms of booked business, forecast projections and finance queries
- Respond quickly and accurately to customers, providing excellent account management
- Ensure accuracy in set up, billing and monitoring of all confirmed projects
- Contribute to the overall business development strategy.
- Organize presentations, workshops and meetings with existing and new clients
- Attend industry and client evenings, hospitality events
- Consistently look for new and innovative ways to increase long term growth of Powster across key clients
- 5+ years' business development / sales experience in a B2B service environment
- Able to demonstrate experience of outstanding client/customer management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Be commercially driven with excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Be confident, enthusiastic and ambitious to succeed
- Highly personable
- Self-motivated with a forward-thinking mentality
- Have the ability to establish good working relationships with all levels of people
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the cinema and movie industry with a good understanding of industry news and marketing trends
- Work well under pressure, be resilient and determined
- An excellent problem-solver and confident decision-maker
- Be thorough, timely with follow ups
- Experience developing and maintaining new business pipelines, capable of translating complex messages into succinct commercial information
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative minded to participate in idea generation with clients
- Ability to work quickly and change priorities to adhere to daily deadlines; able to shift gears quickly within an ever-changing work environment
- Ability to understand and negotiate project budgets and the commercial impact to business
- Computer literate (Google Sheets/Excel, Google Slides, keynote, Slack etc.) sales database / CRM proficiency
- Familiarity with AR/XR technologies, desirable but not essential.
Starting from $75,000 / annum. In addition Powster offers a generous benefits package, and a quarterly uncapped sales bonus program. Individual compensation will be determined by a candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications.
We actively promote close collaboration and open working practices across the studios. We encourage new thinking, with an emphasis on appreciating and encouraging everyone's contribution and interests.
The wellbeing of our team takes priority and we're committed to a supportive and considerate working environment for everyone.
Employee Package & Benefits:
- Competitive benefits package (including a generous healthcare plan, dental, eye care, 401k, life insurance and more)
- Sick leave
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-premiere exclusive movie screenings
- Free Parking
- TravelAid Services
- Dependent Care IRA
- Regular social events
- Drinks fridge and snacks
- Pet Care
** This is an on-site role in LA. This is a hybrid role, please don’t apply unless you are prepared to work from a West Hollywood office at least 1-2 days / week.**
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter alongside your CV that tells us what you’re passionate about, and exactly why you’d excel in this role and why YOU would be best suited.
- To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the US.
- Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
- Powster is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and cultivating an inclusive and diverse culture where every team member is valued, where our differences are celebrated and where all voices are heard.
We look forward to hearing from you.
** NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE **